JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Apple TV 4 Siri remote "HOME" button
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
R2-M0

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just confirmed that the upgrade also works with OBC2 = 254. Like you, I don't know what the pairing code actually does so... *shrug*

Either way, sounds like it'd probably be good to make one of our two upgrades generally available for anybody else who might come looking in the future. Doesn't matter to me which one.
R2-M0

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One oddity I've found, at least on my extended RCRP05B, is that key moves don't seem to work well (at all?) with this upgrade.

Specifically, the Apple TV unit fails to acknowledge the Discrete On/Off functions when key-moved to the corresponding phantom buttons. But they work just fine when triggered from keys that are baked into the upgrade.

The Discrete On/Off phantom keys work just fine for all my other devices, so it must be something weird about this particular upgrade / protocol.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which style of keymove did you try? This protocol uses 4 bytes per button, which might be too much for a hex style keymove. If that is the case, I bet a "key" style keymove will work because those just need the keycode to the button where the function is programmed in the upgrade.

If that works, but you don't want the function to be part of your upgrade, you could create a "helper" upgrade. In other words, an upgrade that only contains the functions that you want to use in keymoves, and you don't need to assign this upgrade to an actual device button.
R2-M0

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I switched to a "key" style key move last night, and that worked. Would be nice if RMIR could generate a warning when encountering such a scenario.

But regardless, after much fiddling with that and the timing on various macros, I think I finally have everything where I want it to be. Thanks for your assistance!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall if RMIR knows what each remote's limitation is on keymoves. I know we first ran into this problem with the URC-6131.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: